POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How does povray read a file? : Re: How does povray read a file? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:17:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How does povray read a file?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 Nov 2002 13:31:48
Message: <3DD29A93.A01108E1@gmx.de>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> [...]
>
> But I don't know how to handle a file that is not SDL.  Say it is just a
> list of names, one per line:
>
> smith
> barney
> fife
> luck
> olsen
>
> How can I get this into povray?  Or can povray only #read something that is
> SDL?

The #read directive can read files with elements separated by commas.
Therefore your list of names won't be readable unless you add commas
between the names.

You can of course process the file into a POV readable form using a script
invoked by pre_scene_command.

Christoph

Last updated 02 Nov. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______